While attending the seminar on the Robson Valley Flora presented by Dr. Curtis Bjork the first thing that came into my mind was that little things can give us bigger happiness. After working hard, facing so many challenges when you find something special and get your desired result in research, I think that feeling is really wonderful. It will give you a lot of enthusiasm and inspiration to do work harder. I have come to know about the biodiversity of the Northern BC at the rocky mountain area through this seminar, before I had not that much idea about Robson Valley. I got an idea about the geology and climate of there like high rainfall, high winter snowfall and it is the wettest part of the Rocky Mountain! I also learnt about the biodiversity of the Robson Valley, there are a lot of varieties of Lichen species in the rocks and also how they survive there.

Dr. Curtis is a great researcher and presenter. I enjoyed the pictures of his slides so much specially the ones with the giant big tree and the cave. I loved his way of presenting his works and it was reflecting from his talk and the smile on his face that how much he loves his research about the lichen and the plants and how enthusiastic he is towards his invention! He has a great skill to get full time attention from his audiences. Though sometimes I could not get his talk because he was talking little bit fast. As my first language is not English, so I faced this problem otherwise I enjoyed so much that I could not realize how one hour escaped.

I have just started my masters here. Though my research topic is not finalized yet, I think there is a chance to work on clay deposits in the Northern rocky mountain. So it was great to know about the northern biodiversity and the climate and geology of there through Dr. Curtis’s presentation. I am really inspired to know his research and watching his devotion and enthusiasm for his research. I think it will help me a lot for my future research.

Dr. Curtis managed his presentation time quite nicely. He finished his presentation timely and kept last five minutes for question answer session. He answered the question quite nicely and wisely. I had a question in my mind those are according to him what was the biggest challenges and obstacles that he faced while doing research in Robson Valley and how he overcame those.