1) What new information or knowledge did you learn from this presentation?

I was surprisingly amazed by how my species, especially lichen species are in side British Columbia, or more specifically, the study zone mentioned in this presentation. Me myself as a person who does not have any knowledge towards forest and plants learned at list one interesting thing, which is plants rely heavily on the pH value of the soil.

2) Are there particular aspects of the presentation you enjoyed or intrigued you and are there others that could have been improved? (You can comment on both the presentation style and content.)

I enjoyed how Dr. Curtis Bjork showed table comparing the study zone with other known areas in the world with zones that had similarities on either size or species numbers highlighted. It’s a good way to emphasize how good and important of this study zone, as well as to summarize this presentation.

3) Are there components of the research that would be applicable or relevant to your own Master’s research? (You can comment on a particular approach or methodology, datasets used, philosophies, implications to society, etc.)

Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any components of this particular research that could help me in my study in the future. I would, at least, say that being enthusiastic about the research all the time (consider the time consumed and actual walking distance were devoted into this study) is an extraordinary example for all of us.

4) How well did the speaker respond to questions and is there a question you would have asked given the opportunity? (Note: This must be a question that was not asked by others in attendance of the presentation.)

Dr. Curtis Bjork has been asked for several question including one that if cotton plants within the campus area could be helpful for providing habitat for some lichens (sorry did not catch the name). I personally think Dr. Curtis Bjork handled the question well by answering the question with sufficient information and details (once again, this is only personal opinion as I’m not familiar with the area and could only make this assumption based on the reaction of the audience and people who asked the question). If I recalled it correctly, Dr. Curtis Bjork answered questions without hesitation and was honest about the question that was not within his research specialty while still offering his opinion, which I think is exactly what I should learn to do in the future when challenged with questions coming from unfamiliar field.

One question I would like to ask, if given chance, would be if there’s any chance of miss documenting any species while cruising inside the designated zone, if so, is there counter measurement for this.​