On October 19, 2018, Dr. John Rex, a researcher from BC ministry of forests, lands and natural resources operations and rural development gave a wonderful presentation on the watershed management challenges and opportunities in small streams. It was really an informative presentation. I came to know from this presentation about the definition of small streams, the importance of these streams, the biological contribution of the small streams, the research history of small streams, forest practices code and the implications of the previous research and how it relates to today and how that research can be used or has been used the modified management practices. He told us about how that aspects of the research can be used as a model report and to address some of the issues of climate change. I got to know about Prince George small stream study, the different agencies and the parameters monitored by them.

Dr. John is an excellent presenter. He has a good sense of humor. He knows how to attract the audiences. I like his way of engaging the audience for the whole period of his lecture. I really liked the title of his presentation about big dreams. I liked his idea about active adaption management. He explained the whole idea in a cycle including evaluation and learning, planning adjusting and doing. he mentioned about how the application of research findings could be enhanced by communicating and collaborating among First Nations, Industry, stakeholders and government and academia.

I have got some idea about how to set the goal and methodologies of my research, how to analysis the data and set model for future analysis from Dr. John’s watershed research. It was also great to know about the climate change and hydrology future from Dr. John’s presentation.

Dr. John answered all the question very nicely. He explained the answers of the questions those were asked to him elaborately and he seemed very enthusiastic and happy while answering the questions.